Ok, so you did your due diligence and you are ready to speak with a few lenders to see what the market is currently offering as far as rates, closing cost credits, points, programs, etc. While a lot of this may be mind-boggling, your lender will walk you through every step with detailed explanations.
What do you need to have ready to start the conversation? Minimally, you will need the following:
1) W-2 forms for the past two to three years
2) Copies of tax returns for the past two to three years
3) At least one month's worth of pay stubs
4) Three month's worth of bank statements
5) Other financial records such as 401(k)s, IRAs, stock certificates and other financial assets
You may find yourself needing to provide more info - if you are self-employed, recently divorced, involvement in lawsuits, judgements, etc.